Buyer RoleAries Building Systems
Buyer Role - Troy, TX
Aries Building Systems, LLC is a fully integrated company specializing in design, selling, and leasing of modular structures to clients in the educational, government, commercial, industrial, oil & gas, and other specialty markets. Aries currently has offices and workforce housing facilities across the US and Canada. We continue to show year over year growth due to our experienced team and strong financial backing.
Aries Building Systems is currently seeking to fill Buyer Role:
- Must have good computer skills and ability to learn purchasing side of accounting system for the creation of purchase orders, the matching of packing slip (shipper) to purchase order when the material is received into a plant and the receiving of the material accurately into the accounting system.
- Must be very accurate as to quantities and correct pricing when creating purchase orders.
- Must be experienced in the purchasing of materials used in the construction of buildings. Experience in modular building industry a plus.
- Should have good working knowledge of all types of building materials including but not limited to lumber, plywood, various sheathing products, various interior and exterior wall coverings, insulation products, electrical products, and plumbing products.
- Must have the ability to read and understand production drawings as to what materials are necessary for each project. This will also include the ability to create (or learn how to create) a
- Material Take Off (MTO) for each building from the production drawings for materials needed for its construction.
- Must be able to place purchase orders with delivery dates that coincide with the production schedule (including adjustments to actual production) so that material is in the plant as needed for efficient production flow. This will require monitoring of production line to speed up or slow down various material deliveries to the plant.
- Must be able to communicate with Plant Manager, Production Supervisors, Group Leaders, and Team Members to ensure they understand what materials are to be used for specific projects.
- Must have the ability to manage and communicate efficiently with Material Handlers and Inventory Control Team Members on proper handling and storage of all materials.
- Must be able to organize and maintain inventory control of all materials.
- Must be able to walk production line to inventory various standard stock type materials.
- Must be able to create a minimum and maximum inventory levels for various standard stock type materials while maintaining cost-effective inventory levels.
- Must have the ability to provide and/or arrange any and all training as may be required of Material Handlers and Inventory Control Team Members to make sure they understand their job tasks and responsibilities and proper safety while handling materials.
- Must have the ability to communicate with existing vendors and their sales personnel in order to create purchase orders.
- Must ensure purchase orders are written for same or less than estimating quotation.
- Must have the ability to source out new vendors for both current standard materials and custom materials.